Adrienne S. Wong LL.B., Associate
Adrienne joined Rose LLP to focus on complex commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Adrienne was Litigation Counsel at the Alberta Securities Commission where she prosecuted significant fraud cases, including "pump and dump" and Ponzi schemes and led successful asset-tracing and freezing efforts.
Previously, Adrienne practiced as an associate in commercial litigation and advised clients in the areas of bankruptcy and insolvency, natural resources and energy, regulatory, and securities litigation.
Adrienne has appeared as lead counsel before the Provincial Court of Alberta and has significant experience before the regulatory tribunals of the ASC. She has also appeared as counsel before the Court of Queen's Bench of Alberta, the Court of Appeal of Alberta, the Alberta Energy Regulator and the Northwest Territories Public Utilities Board.
Member of the Law Society of Alberta
Member of the Canadian Bar Association
Member of the Executive of the Canadian Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section
Member of the Advocates' Society
Member of the Association of Women Lawyers
- Counsel to financial institutions on tracing and recovery of proceeds of fraud
- Counsel on numerous hearing and trials involving misrepresentations, fraud and market manipulation allegations
- Counsel on a successful judicial review application before the Court of Queen's Bench and Alberta Court of Appeal involving constitutional challenges to the Securities Act
- Counsel to receivers, managers, monitors and trustees in bankruptcy on a variety of matters
- Advising lawyer to Student Legal Assistance, University of Calgary
- QB Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta
Areas of Expertise
Fraud and Asset Recovery
Year of Call
University of Calgary, LL.B., 2010
University of British Columbia, B.A., Political Science and Psychology (with Distinction), 2004
French and Mandarin