Dedicated Major Project Expertise
The construction lawyers at Rose LLP are market leaders and have the depth of knowledge and experience to work on the most complex projects and aspects of construction law. In particular, our group is unique in terms of its size and its focus on the development of Alberta's oil sands. Our construction lawyers function in a close working group to assist clients in all facets of construction projects from inception to completion, including procurement strategies, risk management and allocation, the preparation of project delivery documents and dispute resolution, including litigation, mediation, arbitration and negotiated settlements.
Working from front-end to the resolution of claims and disputes we have experience in all aspects of complex industrial, oil and gas, commercial and institutional construction projects including:
- Project strategy, including risk analysis for project delivery methods
- Project delivery documents and contracts
- Procurement and supply chain matters, including RFP and tender processes
- Disputes involving delay, productivity and cost overrun claims
- Faulty design and workmanship claims, including product liability
- Surety and fidelity claims
- Building envelope claims
- Real estate development disputes
- Occupational health & safety issues
- Contractual interpretation
Rose LLP lawyers have been retained to act as counsel, mediators and arbitrators in numerous past and ongoing construction disputes. Our construction law team is regularly recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada and the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as leading or preeminent practitioners in the field of construction law. Three of our construction lawyers are members (and two are governors) of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, an organization "dedicated to excellence in the specialized practice of construction law".